Storytelling with Students
Our experience as educators informs our work as storytellers.
Here are just a few of the ways we link storytelling to student learning...
- We link folktales to the curriculum
- We help students cultivate their natural talents as storytellers.
- We tell stories at assemblies and in classrooms.
- We use stories to help students deepen their understanding of narrative structures.
- We apply storytelling strategies to scaffold language learning for English Language Learners.
- We find folktales from each child’s corner of the world to honor home cultures.
- We use storytelling in the writing process to help students develop their unique voices as authors.